Sunday, November 9, 2008

Some Barack Obama Supporters Are Insane

I voted Barack Obama for president. I supported him, albeit somewhat reluctantly. Undoubtedly this was a historic election - Obama is the first black man voted president of this nation. But a lot of people get carried too far in their enthusiasm for him - and this is especially true of college students here.

According to this article, some nutjobs out in Topeka are trying to start a movement to create a national holiday honoring Obama. The man hasn't accomplished much yet; all he's done is won an election. It is hard to predict how the next four years will play out. My suspicion is that a lot of my friends are going to be disappointed when Obama doesn't live up to their optimistic standards and shit starts to go wrong.

I found this Onion video funny:


Obama Win Causes Obsessive Supporters To Realize How Empty Their Lives Are

No comments: